As fall nears and temperatures start to drop, especially in the morning, the girls still insist on eating their breakfast outside. This request even comes after a night of light rainfall, thus the draped towels over the camp chairs.
For her birthday, Hadley was gifted a baker's outfit from Gma Rae. She keeps saying she's going to bake a bunch of stuff. So, we decided to bake some chocolate cookies.
She did all the prep work, as well as snitching some of the dough after it was all mixed together. She's not new to that part, though. The snitching is also Cambri's favorite part.
These gluten free, chocolate, chocolate chip cookies turned out pretty good.
The girls are really into hooded towels and blankets. Hadley enjoys pretending she's Mickey, and Cambri likes being Elsa. Hadley also has a giraffe blanket, and Cambri has one that's a unicorn. Between these and night gowns that look like princess dresses, these girls enjoy their dress ups.
They have also really been into reading books, or rather, have mom or dad read them books. Dr. Seuss is their current favorite, but we also get to read lot of Paw Patrol and ABC books as well.
Back when we went to a Mariners game as a family, I got my Covid shot. With it came two free tickets to a future M's game. That game happened to be the 28th of August. Since there were only two tickets, it was decided that I would take Hadley to the game. Cambri at least wanted to dress the part, but she got to stay home with Emily and have free range of all the toys and the kindle.
First things first, Hadley wanted that juicy, classic ballpark hot dog.
We had a lot of fun, and it makes me happy that Hadley likes going to games. Sure, it's not about the baseball, but I like that she likes the experience, even if it's for the hot dogs and ice cream.
These girls love their bath time, most nights, and it's fun to see them goof off together and splash Emily relentlessly. Of course, I find it funny because I'm not the one getting wet.
Last weekend Emily flew down to Utah for baby Cam's baby blessing. She wasn't originally going to go down, but in the end we decided it would be a good idea. She was able to surprise everyone, which is always fun to do.
Meanwhile, at home, I got to spend some quality time with the girls. We had a lot of fun, and made sure to keep busy. They are busy little girls that like to get into a lot of stuff, but at the same time they like to just sit on the couch with a blanket and watch their shows. Personally, I liked when they just wanted to hangout and watch their shows because it meant I could also sit down and watch some college football.
After putting them to bed early, I watched the BYU beatdown of Utah. There were a few times I yelled and cheered so loud I thought I may have woken them up, but luckily did not. Of course we sported our BYU gear all day.
After surviving church on our own, we headed out for a walk around the neighborhood.
These girls love their walks and parks.
Down in Utah, Cam was getting blessed. Afterwards they all went to a nearby park to celebrate the birthdays of Ray, Conor, and Shannon. In Emily's official report, she said it was "wicked good times, yo."
We were all anxious to have Emily back home. We picked her up at the airport on Monday and headed over to the closest Taco Bell for some lunch. Cambri tried to eat her cheese rollup by stabbing it with a fork.
We also stopped off at the temple on our way home, and let the girls walk around and enjoy the beauty that is the grounds of the temple.
At bedtime, we always ask the girls what their favorite part of the day was, and it made us feel good when Hadley said the temple.
Cambri has been getting a new tooth coming in this last week, so sleep at night has been pretty brutal for all of us, but especially for Cambri and Emily. No matter what we do, Cambri takes a good four hours to fall back asleep in the middle of the night. So days also become rough.
Days are filled with fun and games.
But they are also filled with lounging around, cuddles, Cocomelon, and Frozen. And that is perfectly fine with us.




























I love seeing the updates! Hadley's doing a great job in the kitchen
ReplyDelete