April is a good time to go see the tulip fields up in the Skagit Valley, but we didn't make it up there until early May, which, thanks to a wet and mild spring, meant there were still tulips in bloom.
By this point, there was only a relatively small area that still had some tulips, and so even though there weren't tons of people, we were all congested within this smaller area, so it felt like there were more people. This meant we had to maneuver through and around the aspiring Instagram models in their elegant dresses telling their poor husbands that they aren't getting the right angle.
Even though it had rained the few days prior, the ground was surprisingly drier than what we were expecting based on our visits in the past.
Obviously, the pink ones were their favorites.
"Aw, they're so cute!" -Hadley
Instead of chastising me for not getting the right angle, I instead get chastised for taking the picture at all. But I am the one with the camera and I will not be stopped from taking nice pictures of my woman.
Harlow mostly rode around in the stroller the whole time. She was pretty content, for the most part.
The girls are usually willing subjects, until we take group pictures. Plus they are way more photogenic than I've ever been.
I will forever be confused about their poses, but I appreciate them because it shows off their personality.
We've given up on expecting perfect group photos. Now, our hope is to at least have everyone looking at the camera.
But even that has proven difficult.
Harlow's happy personality has been coming through a lot lately. It's fun when you can get them laughing with little effort.
She has also developed quite a array of facial expressions as well. My personal favorite is her snarl-smile combo.
The girls wanted to take a crack at using the camera, so they took turns and mostly wanted to take pictures of the tulips. We convinced them to take a couple of Emily and myself.
It was easier to stoop down to get a more flattering angle. Ugh, now I'm doing it.
Not all of them were perfectly in the frame.
But they were able to capture some pretty good shots.
They couldn't get over how many tulips there were, and they were very concerned for the ones that were broken or started to wilt over.
We eventually made our way around to some more pink tulips.
So that seemed like a good place to take a few more pictures of the girls.
And give Harlow a chance to get out of the stroller.
It's not at its full effect, but here is a little sampling of Harlow's snarl-smile.
Away from the fields and more towards the shops and vendors, was a little maze-like flower garden with a psuedo-swing in the middle. It was actually just a bench with rope made to look like a swing. Obviously, the girls wanted to take their picture on it.
But still refused to look at the camera and smile at the same time.
We wandered over to explore the various varieties of flowers.
At this point, Harlow was definitely giving off vibes of being done.
Towards the exit they had a lot more flowers, too. And they wanted more pictures. I don't know why, but Hadley just sat there and posed like this:
Cambri joined in.
"Cambri is touching me!"
"No I'm not!"
It was good time, and the girls got nice and worn out. We followed it up with dinner at Chick-Fil-A in Marysville.
I sure am blessed to have some fun girls in my life.















































Those are awesome pictures! The poses and Harlow's done face were my favorite. I need to fly up one year for the tulip festival. It looks gorgeous.
ReplyDelete