The girls had been watching the trailers for the Mario Movie countless times. They had also heard from their cousins how good it was. So, of course they asked to go see it. Like, nonstop. Kids are relentless.
So, on a Saturday I didn't have work, Emily took Hadley and Cambri to go see the movie while I stayed home with Harlow. Our attempt to find a theater that had a mother's room that lets you still watch the movie at a lower volume, turned up with zero success. I didn't realize such a thing existed, but Emily swears that they do.
Anyway, the theater was pretty empty, so the girls got their choice to sit just about anywhere. They chose the way back, which turned out to be nice because it was sort of balcony-esc and they could walk around without disturbing anyone, because they were by themselves on that row.
They did a great job, and thoroughly enjoyed it. For that last little bit of the movie, they wanted to go sit in the front row. So they went down and more or less just ran around the front and watched the movie like that. The other half dozen or so movie goers in the theater didn't seem to mind.
They called me after the movie and they said it was really funny. Hadley said I had to see it. Her favorite part was when Bowser shrinks.
Since the movie was at like 10 in the morning, it ended just in time to grab some grub at Red Robin.
As every parent knows, Red Robin isn't your first choice, but it has what the kids want or will eat.
The girls had an absolute blast with Emily. She's always looking for things she can do with the girls, since I take them to Mariners games. So I'm glad this worked out.
Meanwhile, Harlow and I just chilled at home, took a nap, and played some video games. It was a good day.






No comments:
Post a Comment