Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Hadley's 5th Birthday

Our Hadley turned five. Sometimes it feels like she's been with us for longer than five years, and other times it doesn't feel like it's been that long at all. 

Her party wasn't until the 29th, so on her actual birthday, we let her blow out some candles on a donut.


We kind of spruced up our patio by getting some little kid chairs to match our bigger ones. I'll tell you what, Harlow loves sitting in chairs. Spoiler alert, we got her one for her birthday because she likes them so much.


Meemaw drove up with Aunt Shannon and her kids, and stayed in a hotel in Monroe. They all took full advantage of the pool during their stay. Since the hot tub wasn't working, they ended up heating the pool to something like 85 degrees. The girls loved it, and swam around until someone was able to convince them to get out. Probably by promising them a happy meal or something. I don't know, I wasn't there. I just know they went to McDonald's and spent tons more time playing in the play place.


Harlow and Nyx got in a little fender bender, but everyone was okay.


In preparation for Hadley's party, they kids filled up the water table and ran around in the sun, wearing their swimsuits.


Meemaw brought up an inflatable waterslide for the party, and it turned out to be a big hit.


It was a great day for a water party. Hadley had invited some kids from church, school, and all of her cousins. Emily made up some invitations, and Hadley wanted to send them to everyone.

Gma and Gpa came, as well as Rissa and her kids. Ryker and Jensley also tagged along. There was definitely enough chaos to go around, but everything went pretty well. No real fights broke out, just one of the girls from church telling Hadley's cousin that she was more of Hadley's friend than he was. I think, at least, I don't remember exactly what I was told.


I don't know that Cambri ever let go of that basketball the entire time.


Tired of the little plastic pools you can get at Walmart, Emily was looking on Amazon and found a foldable pool that is intended for dogs. Well, kids are animals enough, so we were justified in getting it for them, too.

It was a big hit, and they tried to see how many of them could fit in it.


Hadley had told Emily for quite some time that she wanted a mermaid cake. Emily got some silicone molds to make the shells and mermaid tail. The first attempts were with homemade sweet tarts, but the bigger molds cracked too much, so she switched to white chocolate dyed pink. Hadley loved it, and with the oreo cream filling inside, who wouldn't.


Meemaw had found some candles with a pink flame, but it there was just enough wind to prevent them from lighting.


It was actually a pretty chill party, and Harlow hit her wall right in the middle of it. She walked over to Shannon, reached out her arms, sat on her lap, and fell asleep almost immediately.


That water definitely got more and more cloudy as the party progressed. So, yes, we dumped that water out after everyone left.


We certainly appreciated everyone who came to support Hadley. She definitely felt very special and enjoyed having all of her friends and cousins around to celebrate with her.

Hadley is a character, for sure. I don't know where this pose came from, but it's her go-to everytime.


She sings all day long, and is very helpful when it comes time to put stuff away at the end of the day. Hopefully that continues.




We are very fortunate to have a little 5-year old like Hadley. She has grown so much over the last year, more so than I was expecting, and I think TK had a huge role in that. She responded and adjusted very well to it, and has become such a fun-loving and caring older sister.

We sure do love our Hadley dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment