Friday, December 15, 2023

Thanksgiving Weekend

We headed over to Manson for Thanksgiving this year, even though Gma and Gpa were in Utah with KC. Whit and her family came up from Arizona, so there were plenty of cousins running around together.

As soon as we showed up, the girls wanted to get right on the trampoline.  Harlow found a ball and we played fetch catch.


For dinner, we all went to La Brisa and took over 4 tables. Afterwards, DeAndra treated all the kids to something out of the tienda next door. 


Cami and Harlow took turns playing with the bolt and locks board. They seemed to have a good time following each other around. 


Thursday morning was the Turkey Bowl. We had a pretty good turnout, enough to split up into four teams and have two games going. Hadley and Cambri ran around the track and did a lot of exploring with Lydia.


Thanksgiving lunch was at Aaron and DeAndra's house. There was a pretty good crowd, and everyone had plenty to eat. Harlow is an attention snob, and soaks it up from whoever is willing to offer it. She'll sit there and stare at you as if to size you up and make sure you are okay, but she's willing to let just about anyone hold her, so we are definitely going to have the stranger-danger talk soon.


I had seen this pumpkin cobbler-esc recipe on Instagram that I wanted to try, so I made it for Thanksgiving. Apparently, it turns out it's something my mom makes and I had no idea. Jeffrey said the night before he had asked Aleasha if she could splurge on any dessert without restrictions, what would she choose. She said, "The pumpkin stuff RaeAnne makes." So they thought it was kind of funny when they saw it amongst the desserts. I don't remember ever having it, or my mom making it, so maybe that became a thing after I left home. 

Aaron and DeAndra got some cats since the last time we were over there, so the girls were anxious see and hold them.


The girls jumped on the trampoline every chance they got. Harlow enjoyed laying down while the Hadley and Cambri jumped around her.



With Gma and Gpa in Utah, we took it upon ourselves to put up their Christmas tree and other decorations.


The girls really enjoyed seeing all the Disney princess ornaments.


Leo also got in on the action


Two pregnant supervisors.



There's that stare I was talking about.


"She checks out."


Harlow slept great the first night, then not as good the second night. By the third night we got to the point where we just put her in bed with us. She laid down between Emily and I and fell asleep, while Emily and I struggled to go back to sleep. It was about this time that I ripped a decently loud fart, and Harlow just started laughing. We couldn't tell if her laughing was a response to the fart or not, but it was pretty funny to hear her laugh like that.

* * *

We drove back home Saturday morning so we could beat any traffic. This gave us plenty of time to put up our own tree and decorations. The girls are pros at hanging ornaments now.




We still need to work on spreading the ornaments out a little more, though. 


It was a good weekend, and it's always fun to see Whit and her family. Now on to Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how much your girls have grown since this summer! It looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving- all things considered. The girls did a great job on the trees!

    ReplyDelete