Friday, June 14, 2024

Trying to Catch Up

I've fallen behind just a little bit. So this is an attempt to catch us back up.

The girls have yet to get tired of having Crewe around, especially Harlow and Cambri, they love giving him so much attention. Some of it is probably more wanted than others. 
 


The girls made Emily breakfast for Mother's Day, and then showed her the drawings they made for her. They sure do love their mommy.


Harlow felt like she was falling asleep while I was holding her, and even though she was still awake, you can definitely see she was only hanging on by a little bit.


I finally found a weekend to drive down and visit KC. Even though it was only for a couple of days, it was good to see him. I tried to convince Emily to go down, but Hadley had a field trip that Friday. When Emily asked Hadley if she'd rather drive to Utah or go on her field trip, she told Emily, "My field trip. I'm too little to drive."

I was able to visit with KC, sit with him while he did his exercises or listened to his new audiobook. When I asked him if there was anything I could bring him, he said he just wanted some pizza. So for lunch, I brought in some Marco's pizza.


When I got back from Utah, we setup a trampoline in our backyard. I forgot the windows were open and Emily said she could hear some choice words while I got frustrated while setting the springs.


So far the girls have loved it.



Crewe boy is doing great. He has been flashing his smile a lot more lately. I think we are even starting to get some laughs out of him. However, once we pull out our phones to take a picture of it, he gets all straight-faced.


The girls fight a lot and love to push each others' buttons, but every now and then they do little acts of service for each other that makes you think they actually care and like one another.


We've been working on sitting now that his neck strength is solid. Start by chilling in his bumbo.


Emily felt like Hadley was getting smothered by Cambri a little too much, so she really wanted to take her on a little mommy-daughter date. They found a little family fun center in Monroe, and even though it was small, Hadley had an absolute blast playing the games.


One of Hadley's favorites was the crane. It was setup so you played until you won something. She brought home a bunch of little trinkets for her sisters.




She also got a little Pikachu for herself.


They then went to dinner at Alfy's because Hadley loves cheese pizza and breadsticks. Alfy's is like the only pizza place in town that isn't just carry-out only.


They have a neat little setup of old video games for the kids to play.


I was able to get a pic of one of his elusive smiles.


Slowly but surely he's getting to where he can sit on his own, even if it's just for a quick few seconds.



Trampolines are very staticky.


We got the girls some youth clubs, and when they remember we have them, they ask to hit golf balls. Who am I to say no?


Harlow falls asleep in some random places, lately her place of choice has been Crewe's bouncer.



It got hot for a few days, so we placed the a sprinkler underneath the trampoline and the girls thought that was the funnest thing ever.


They even got Emily to join in on the fun.





"Now they can't say I never to anything fun with them."


Harlow has really gotten into scribbling on a notepad.


Crewe boy and his mama.


Harlow has a little ritual where she eats her dinner, or at least some of it, and then climbs on top of the table and comes over to eat from Emily's plate.


It's always fun seeing them get along together.



No comments:

Post a Comment