Tuesday, September 30, 2025

Daddy-Daughter Luau

Each year the stake puts on a daddy-daughter dance or event, and this year it was a luau. The girls were excited to dress up in their Hawaiian dresses and have Emily curl their hair. They looked absolutely darling, of course.

The luau was for ages 3 and up, and even though that would include Harlow, I wasn't sure I'd be able to contain all three, so decided we'd wait until next year when she's in primary.

That was until we were leaving and I could see the realization of not going really hit Harlow. So, we went in and got her a dress and Emily put her hair up real quick. I would've felt too bad to leave her.


For dinner, I offered to take them anywhere they wanted to go, and they chose Alfy's so they could play the video games they have there. 



For the first little bit the girls did a little scavenger hunt looking for tropical animals and objects. Harlow skipped that and went straight to the beach balls and hula hoops.


We cycled through rooms, the first having the fixings to make some leis. We only had like 10 minutes to do it before we were supposed to rotate, and the plastic tubes that go in between the flowers didn't fit easily over the plastic needle, so it was quite laborious. We ran out of time and didn't even get halfway finished with one, so just grabbed some that were already made out of a basket and called it good.


We then went to a photobooth to decorate picture frames and have our picture taken. They ran out of frames, but we at least got this gem.


Then it was off to the gym for some refreshments and to learn how to hula dance.  My girls weren't the least bit interested in that, so they threw a beach ball around and played with the hula hoops.


They were first in line to snag some fruit and chocolate.


Then the dance floor opened and we danced for a bit.


The girls asked to be twirled and dipped. Good thing I took a social dancing class in college for moments like these.


Always fun and nice to have an event like this to get out with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment