Lindsea kept asking when we were going to send the kids over for a few days. So, finally, we found a week that worked, and I met Lindsea in Leavenworth and exchanged vehicles. She took the one full of kids and headed back to Manson.
I took the one without kids and headed for home looking forward to less chaos.
Sounds like it didn't take long for the kids to settle in.
As is the usual, Crewe liked cruising around in the Escalade EV.
With the kids gone, and tons of time available, Emily and I headed down to Seattle on Thursday to eat at our favorite Indian restaurant. It's our go-to restaurants for celebrating stuff, and so this felt appropriate.
We also took care of the kids' school shopping.
The kids got to go hangout at Doug and Jama's pool. It took him a little bit, but Crewe did finally decide to join everyone else in the pool.
With it being as smokey as it was with the fire up lake, the kids spent a good amount of time inside. The smoke did get better and they were able to be outside.
They definitely got all the ice cream they could eat. Crewe really enjoyed sharing his cone with the dogs.
I never heard how bedtime went, but it sounds like he wore himself out pretty good.
Bristol really took to Lindsea, which is what Emily predicted. Apparently, this made Gma a little jealous.
And Crewe took to Gpa.
The girls had a blast playing with Lindsea's kids. Hadley was always off either on an iPad or probably doing something with Rissa's kids. I don't know, I wasn't there.
Rissa said Cambri was very helpful with the animals. It's probably one of her favorite things to do when we visit.
Emily and I decided to head over on Saturday to retrieve them. We've always driven by LouSki's in Skykomish and have wanted to try it. It was okay. I don't need to go back, but now I no longer have to wonder about it.
We spent the day in Manson, took the kids to the park, hung out, and had some BBQ chicken for dinner.
The girls insisted on taking their picture with the bike rack.
After dinner, we headed for home.
The kids had a blast. We were told they behaved wonderfully, and did what they were asked. I appreciate Gma and Gpa, Lindsea, and Rissa for helping take care of them for a few days while Emily and I binged watched Widow's Bay and were able to avoid cleaning the house every hour on the hour.
We left after dinner and made it home safely without hitting any deer.























No comments:
Post a Comment