Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Daddy-Daughter Dance

Last Friday our stake put on a daddy-daughter dance. Hadley was really excited for a night of dancing, preceded by dinner at a restaurant. As excited as she was, I will confidently say I was even more excited for the night out with this little girl, just the two of us.


We had dinner at Tuscano's Italian Kitchen in Monroe. With paper covering the entire table, we had all the space we needed to draw and color.


She had a smile pretty much the whole time.


After she crushed her cheese pizza, they came by with a sundae tray. She got to choose what to put on her ice cream. Of course, she chose everything minus the maraschino cherry.



After she finished her sundae, we headed on over to the dance. When we showed up they were learning how to square dance, so we headed over to the craft table where Hadley got to decorate her crown with jewel stickers.

We then made sure to get our picture taken with her sitting on her throne.



For the first little bit, she didn't want to dance. She would tell me, "I don't want to dance, I just want to go sit down." Which is exactly what I always prefer to do at dances. We went and found a seat where a little girl brought her over a Ferrero Rocher.

After a few minutes she decided she wanted to go dance. So we went out and she busted out some of her moves.



It was easy to tell that she had a lot of fun. I did, too. 

1 comment: