Leading up to the rainy weekend, we actually got a nice sunny day to enjoy. When they were finished cleaning up after dinner, the girls noticed we didn't have any ice cream in the fridge. So, since it was nice outside, we decided to drive down to Gold Bar to a small coffee/hot dog stand that also sells ice cream. The girls got the animal cookie one, and then we found a picnic table off Highway 2 near the train tracks to enjoy it.
Cambri kept getting distracted by all the cars driving by, and had to point out each one. You'd think she'd never seen a car before. Anyway, it was at these moments that I was able to sneak some of her ice cream without getting caught.
Aaron and Rissa's families came over for the weekend and we met them down in Southcenter on Saturday morning after the girls were finished with gymnastics. We hungout in the food court while everyone enjoyed the various options.
I was holding Luca while Rissa went and got some food, and it didn't take Cambri long to get jealous.
When we got to the mall, Cambri was asleep, so I took Hadley in to meet Aaron. When we passed by the little cars, Hadley asked if she could drive one. I told her we'd wait until we were leaving. Hadley has become a lot like her mother, in that she does not forget when I make a promise. As we were leaving, she called me out on it, and so she and Cambri got to "drive" around in these little cars.
I say "drive" because I followed behind them with the remote control. They could steer, but I was ultimately in control.
After burning rubber in the mall, the girls were given a sucker and we headed over to check in to the hotel. Hadley zonked out real quick, she didn't even have time to remove her sucker.
After waiting an hour to check in to the hotel, we immediately left again to catch the light rail up to Seattle. The girls were pretty excited to ride a train.
We rode the monorail over to the Space Needle, where everyone besides Emily and me went up to the top. The time slot was no longer available by the time we decided to buy tickets. Since they didn't need a ticket, Hadley and Cambri were still allowed to go up.
Emily and I went to find somewhere to hangout for the next hour and a half, and ended up finding a table at the Armory. It was packed with tourists, some of which who were there to see some folksy dance festival or something.


We got back on the lightrail and headed to T-Mobile Park. It ended up being colder and windier than we anticipated. So Emily and the girls spent most of the time under a small blanket.
The M's ended up shutting out the Trash-stros, which is always a great feeling.
Cambri fell asleep during the 7th inning, so Aaron was nice enough to carry Hadley as we headed back to the light rail and down to Southcenter.
It was nearly 11pm by the time we got back to the hotel. I don't think Cambri woke up once since the time she fell asleep at the game. Hadley fell asleep on the drive back to the hotel. So, putting them to bed was a piece of cake. Problem is, Cambri is an aggressive sleeper, even the king-sized bed wasn't big enough. When I woke up, I found Emily had opted to sleep on the couch as opposed to trying to fight for space.
The girls woke up at their usual 6am, and started asking for breakfast. Assuming everyone else was asleep, we decided to head out, find breakfast, and get back home in time for church. However, by the time we got home, nobody was feeling all that well, so we decided to stay home and rest up.
On Monday the girls were back to their normal happy selves. Emily and I were still tired, as always. They got into the costume drawer and played a little dress up with the party getups.
For dinner we built a fire and roasted hot dogs.
The girls anxiously awaiting the fire to burn down just a bit.
S'mores were next. Hadley working on her technique, resulting in a perfectly cooked marshmallow.
This was by far Cambri's favorite part.
The rest of the evening was nice and relaxing. Of course, it's always nice when my girls are wanting to cuddle and watch their shows.





























No comments:
Post a Comment