Friday, March 10, 2023

Spring Training

We kind of went back and forth with what we were going to do for Spring Training this year. In the end we decided I'd go down alone, so I thought. Rissa called like two weeks before the trip to see what flights I was taking so she could line them up with Javier and Max, who decided to go down. Well, a couple days before the trip, Javier got COVID, so he was out, so it ended up just being Max and I. 

Wednesday night, we headed out. They boarded us late and then just sat on the plane for a while before they announced that the pilots and flight attendants for our flight hadn't arrived yet. So, they made us get off the plane and wait around a little longer. We didn't get to Phoenix until 1:30am or so.


Thursday was practice only, as the Mariners weren't playing until Friday. For whatever reason, there were a ton of people at practice. Ryker gave up trying to get autographs in the midst of all the adults trying to add stock to their eBay accounts. Instead, he was going for selfies, and was actually able to get some really good ones.

After practice, we had lunch at Chick-Fil-A, of course. It was followed by naps, which I desperately needed after the previous night.

Meanwhile, back at home, Cambri was doing a good job of making sure Harlow was taken care of while Hadley was at school.


Look at that adorable smile.


Thursday night was Top Golf night. We packed the stall and let 'em rip.


Harlow has a thing for drawstrings.


Ah, baseball at last.


Luke also happened to be in Arizona the same week, and was also at the game. We were able to catch up for a few minutes and take a pic to send to Steve to make him jealous.


The game lasted all of 2 hours and 30 minutes, which will be the norm now with the pitch clock. So, we had plenty of time to hangout and rest before dinner.


Dinner on Friday was Chino Bandido. Look, I know it's not everyone's favorite, but some of us like it. And no, the nostalgia of past trips has nothing to do with it.


Saturday morning was Whit's kids' T-ball games. They were pretty excited to have a big rooting section.



After Brandon and Darrell's game, Rock, Ryker, and I headed over to the Mariners' practice. Ryker was still trying to get a selfie with Julio Rodriguez. Unfortunately, the crowds were pretty big everywhere he went.


We sat out on the berm for this one, which was way better than last time because we weren't confined to a box.


Lakai had the right idea.



This game was even shorter, only lasting 2 hours and 17 minutes.


Max and I flew out early Sunday morning, but had to go through Sacramento first. Emily sent some pictures of the girls all dressed up and ready for church. They wore the dresses we got them from our trip to Hawaii. They obviously looked adorable. Hadley even let Emily curl her hair.





Max was pretty exhausted from the trip. He said him and Darrell stayed up pretty late the night before, so I'm sure that didn't help either. It was another great Spring Training trip. No other trip hits the reset button quite like this one does. I mean, how could you go wrong when every night it topped off with Culver's ice cream? 


It's always nice to come home to my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment