The day after Halloween is a very special day. It's the day we get to celebrate Emily. The kids love celebrating stuff, but even more so when it's for their mother. Emily requested a torte, which I ended up underbaking by a smidge, but still turned out decent, although not nearly as good as the last one I made a couple of months prior. For her dinner, she requested fried chicken tenders with angel hair alfredo.
After dinner, the girls took turns putting candles on the torte.
During the single, Bristol got startled by one of the singers, but Crewe enjoyed it all.
The torte was placed just a little too far out of the reach of Emily's blows, so instead of moving the torte closer to her, the kids just assisted in blowing out the candles themselves.
I asked the girls a while ago what we should get Emily for her birthday, and they said a Switch 2. I'm honestly surprised that they never leaked that info to Emily, and makes me wonder what other secrets they are keeping.
We are fortunate to have someone like Emily taking care of us. Sometimes, I don't think she realizes just how much the kids and I love her, in spite of all our tantrums, complaints, and whining. We know we are blessed.





No comments:
Post a Comment