Friday, January 9, 2026

Christmas

 Finally, the stage is set.



There wasn't anything to assemble this year, and Emily was very proactive about wrapping presents, so Christmas Eve was pretty calm for us. 

The kids anxiously gathered in their room until they got the okay to come out. Crewe still is sure what's going on yet.


They attacked their stockings first.


Harlow felt it was just easier to dump it all out. 


We then moved on to the presents, and we all got to watch as each kid took their turn opening a present.


I love that they are at the age where they are excited about everything. Emily got some flyer disc things, that were a pretty big hit with everyone.



Crewe got a bubble gun.


He didn't really care for the holster to be clipped to his pants.


Bristol was mostly an on-looker for her first Christmas. The other kids gladly helped open her presents.


After all the excitement wore off, Crewe and Harlow crashed hard. 


Unfortunately for us, this would be the start of cold that would affect us all by the time it was through. Emily had it rough leading up to Christmas, and the kids and myself got hit by it after.




For my birthday cake, Emily made a chocolate cake with a peanut butter cream frosting. 




It was enjoyed by all.


The day after Christmas, we finally got a little snow. Too bad it was a day late.




It didn't stick around for long, but it was enough for the kids to get a quick fix.


It was a good Christmas. I don't know if it's because you see Christmas hit stores before the summer is over, but I usually get to a point where I'm ready for Christmas to come and go so we can move on to what's next. This year I didn't feel that. I felt like the season went by too fast. Our focus has been on making sure the kids know why we celebrate Christmas, and downplay the commercialized side of it. Hopefully this will bring more meaning to the holiday for them as they grow up. I have realized that a lot of what makes me nostalgic for the Christmases of my youth, is in large part due to the efforts of my parents by making it a Christ-centered day, but also enjoying all the festivities of the season. My goal now is to try and do that for my kids as well, with the hopes they get to experience some of the same magic of Christmas that I got to at their age, and that one day they will also be nostalgic for the Christmases of their youth, like I am. 

It's either that, or I just miss a lot of what made the 90's great. Anyway, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment