In preparation for Crewe's birthday cake, Emily and the girls melted some white chocolate in order to make the face of Luca the sea monster. The chocolate was being a little finicky after adding food coloring, so it became more of a clay-like texture. Emily then decided to mold it into the shape she needed.
Some of the other chocolate worked just fine, though.
Bristol got stuck under the stool while she was foraging for scraps.
In the morning of his birthday, Emily let Crewe and Harlow play with the bubble-blowing solution stuff using a straw. Meanwhile, she was able to tend to Bristol. She said Crewe kept yelling for her so he could show her the little bubbles he was blowing.
The weather has been pretty nice lately. Still on the colder side, but sunny and dry. The kids took this as an opportunity to play outside.
I left work a couple hours early to get home because Gma and Gpa were on their way to visit for the day. Emily also went and got Hadley and Cambri out of school early. The kids waste no time pestering Gpa.
After some pizza for dinner, it was time for cake. Here is the finished product. As always, she nailed it.
Crewe was pretty excited about it, but that excitement doesn't really seem to come through in pictures as much.
After singing him happy birthday, Harlow blew out his candles.
The cake was delicious, and Crewe was pretty eager to share some with Bristol.
As did Harlow.
He sure does love taking care of his little sister.
Then it was time for the presents.
I feel like I need to provide some context for the gifts we got him. For a while now, Crewe has liked to take our pots and pans from the kitchen and bring them into the living room to play with. He'll set them on the couch and pretend to cook stuff. So, when it comes time to prepare dinner, I then have to go through the living room looking for whatever pans, lids, or utensils I might need.
We thought his own set of pots and pans would be a good idea, since that seems to be one of the things he plays with the most. We got some kid ones at Christmas, but they turned out to be so small, not even the play food that came with them could fit inside them.
So, on Amazon, I saw a set of real pots and pans that were just slightly more expensive than the small plastic ones for kids. The plan was to then get something to store them in that he could also use as a stove, and I would get some grates to bolt on top or something. Well, burner grates aren't cheap. It was actually cheaper to get him a real 2-burner hot plate and just cut off the power cord. So, that's what we did.
And yes, I know it sounds weird to gift pots and pans to a 2-year-old.
I had asked Gma to make him an apron, and she also gifted him some measuring cups, mixing bowl, and potato masher.
This kid lost his mind, and it was quite a sight to see. Over pots and pans, of all things.
He went right to work cooking up what I can only imagine was some pretty awesome imaginary food.
Just the way he was breathing, you could tell he was loving it. To watch him switch from one pan to another on his stove, stir, and put the lid on was pretty awesome.
I wish I had gotten a video of it, but it was just too fun to watch. Every now and then he'd look up with a huge smile on his face.
Meemaw had sent up a Little People Hot Wheels track for him. He was loving that, too. It's always a good birthday when you know all the gifts were homeruns.
We sure do love our Crewe boy.


























No comments:
Post a Comment