Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Easter / Crewe's Blessing

We decided to bless Crewe at home, and the best Sunday that we could find that worked for most everyone was Easter.

Crewe is ready for his big day.


The Saturday before, we headed downtown in Sultan for the community Easter egg hunt.


The girls did fairly well, and came away with a good amount of candy. It took Harlow a minute to understand what was going on, but once she did, she was running around grabbing eggs like crazy. 


Cambri also started a little timid, but soon became an egg vacuum.


I didn't get a picture of Hadley, but she cleaned up pretty well, also.

* * *

Sunday morning we went out back for annual Easter family photo all decked out in our Easter-colored dress clothes.


I can't remember what, but I told Hadley to stop doing something, and it upset her. So, we weren't able to get one where she looked happy.


We attended our one hour of church, and then came home for some lunch and to wait for Gma & Gpa, Aaron and his family, and Rissa and her family to show up. Emily's family came into town the night before.

Once the ham was in the smoker, and rolls set out to rise, we brought everyone in for Crewe's blessing. It was nice to have everyone travel to be with us for a little while and show their support for Crewe. We are extremely grateful for the family support we have.


I'm bummed that this one turned out a little out of focus. But regardless, it's still a good one.


To fill some of the time before dinner, Rissa hid some eggs for a hunt. 


The kids apparently told her she needed to hide them better, and that it isn't much of a hunt if the eggs are all out in the open.




They didn't complain while eating the candy they got.



The ham turned out pretty good, and everyone got plenty to eat (at least I hope they did).



Crewe's blessing outfit was made by Meemaw, from the shirt I wore when Emily and I were married. The cufflinks he has on were the ones I wore as well (they can be seen in the picture with Gma above). They are pieces of stone that were removed from the St. George temple when it was renovated back in the day.



1 comment:

  1. What a special weekend! I love the sentiment of Crewe's blessing outfit and cufflinks.

    ReplyDelete