Holy crap, I got way behind.
The week after Crewe's blessing was everyone's spring break. Dwight and his family stuck around and we went to Seattle a few times to enjoy the touristy stuff. Day 1 featured the Seattle Aquarium and a boat cruise. Parking near the piers wasn't too bad, once I was able to find a spot in the parking garage.
The girls like to cram on the stroller to avoid walking.

Harlow got a chance in the aquarium to get out of the stroller, and made the most of it.

This was just the lobby.
The kids got to gently pet the starfish.
I'm not going lie, this aquarium really isn't that big, and was rather underwhelming, but the kids had fun.
After we grabbed some lunch at Great State Burger, we hopped on a small cruise ship and got a tour of Elliott Bay and Seattle's waterfront. We bought a Seattle Pass that made us feel like we had to do a lot more stuff than I think we would've normally done. It was all still pretty cool, though.
The girls loved moving around, and really enjoyed looking out the windows at all the buildings.
After the cruise, we hopped on the Ferris wheel.
The day wasn't over yet. Dwight and his boys, and me and my girls met up with Aaron and his family at the T-Mobile Park for the Mariners game. The girls told everyone they were going to get cotton candy, and sure enough they did.
They also had some fries, pizza, and lemonade. Whatever it takes for them to ask to come back again.
It was a busy Monday, to say the least. M's also won, which made it even better.
Tuesday morning we made our way back down to Seattle, this time to the zoo.
We got to see some lions, a rhino, some giraffes and zebras from really far away, the top of a tiger, I think. We also got to see some birds.
The kids also really enjoyed this monkey climbing thing.
Crewe, meanwhile, pretty much just chilled in his carrier the whole time, completely oblivious to the orangutan that was hiding under a burlap sack.
The tiny penguins were also pretty cool.
While everyone was checking out the penguins, I took Hadley and Cambri in to the gift shop. The girls picked out their souvenirs and when we got to the checkout, Cambri had a decent sized meltdown because she changed her mind and wanted something else. The problem was we were holding everyone up and I wasn't going to take a more time, so told her she was getting what she initially picked out. It didn't go well, and she's a screamer. So, we got out of the gift shop and started walking back to the van. I carried her while she screamed at me the whole time. Emily was following behind and could hear people comment to themselves after passing us that they've been there before, too.
Cambri finally calmed down when we got outside the zoo, and she wanted to take her picture with some more of the monkey statues. Fun stuff.
Wednesday morning we found ourselves in Seattle yet again, this time to go to the Pacific Science Center. I don't think I'd been to all the downtown stuff this much even while I was living in Seattle.
The kids had a blast going through all the different exhibits, and playing with the toys they each had.
Also found a room that encouraged noise.
The girls walked through the butterfly room, but Hadley was disappointed when no butterflies would land on her.
After we got through all the exhibits, Harlow and I went over the Seattle Armory food court for some lunch, and everyone would meet up with us shortly. There was one last room to explore.
There are a variety of places to get food from at the armory, some of it was better than others.
After everyone got fueled back up, we took the ride to the top of the Space Needle. Some of the kids thought it was awesome. My girls didn't really seem to care, but we made them pose for photos like they did.
It was really fun to leave the stroller at the bottom and carry Harlow around on my shoulders.
Hadley, especially, didn't care. She kept asking when we were going to leave.
It was pretty cool to walk around up there and see the view from all over. I think the last time I've been up the top of the Space Needle was when I was Hadley's age. All I remember from it is a smashed penny.
After a few busy days, we were able to just relax for the rest of the week.
Crewe getting some good quality time with Meemaw.
Peeling her hard-boiled egg.
We had a good ol' fashion weenie roast, followed by some s'mores. The kids weren't prepared for the heat that comes from such a roaring fire. It burned down nicely and became perfect for the roast.
Crewe has started to smile on occasion, which has been really fun to see, and even better when caught on camera.
Throughout the week, Harlow found some pretty interesting places to take her naps.
Emily had the girls help her while she practiced getting ready for Cambri's upcoming birthday cake.
The kids thoroughly enjoyed reading with Dwight.





















































No comments:
Post a Comment